What we Offer
Plant Lust is a platform for plant lovers to research, locate, and buy plants. You may use Plant Lust (a) as an individual to learn about and purchase plants, (b) as a nursery or garden organization to contribute information about and photography of plants, (c) as a nursery selling plants, or (d) as a photographer contributing photos of plants.
We share plant information from third parties, including nurseries and educational garden organizations. These third parties are responsible for the content of their plant descriptions, sales catalogs, and photography. All third party content on our website has been provided with express permission and/or formal copyright licensing terms from the third party, who has affirmed they have the rights to share their content on our platform.
We also research and publish original information about plants, including official plant names, growing conditions, size, and appearance. We aim to provide the most accurate information possible, but please be aware that plants are heavily influenced by their environment, and information that is true in one climate or setting may be different in another. We provide this information for educational purposes but recommend that you also consult and consider your local horticultural experts if you need advice on plant performance in your own garden setting.
By using our website, purchasing from our store, or using any other Services, you agree to our terms
- You may not crawl, scrape, or copy our content for use in any fashion other than standard use of our public-facing user interface
- All content, including data, descriptions, and photos, are the property of Plant Lust and its contributors and are protected by copyright laws. You may not use, copy, modify, reverse engineer, sell, or otherwise transfer any content or service from Plant Lust without written consent from the original content owner.
- Do not use our contributors’ contact information for unsolicited commercial messages or spam.
Plant Lust is a marketplace for sales between Sellers and Buyers. Sellers are independent providers of the Goods advertised and sold. Plant Lust is not the direct Seller of any Goods. Goods are not owned or controlled by Plant Lust at any time. Plant Lust provides customer service as a courtesy to facilitate communication between Buyers and Sellers. Plant Lust may assist with resolving disputes between Buyers and Sellers, but the ultimate resolution is between Buyers and Sellers.
Plant Lust reserves the right to cease offering Services to any user at any time.
- You must use your accurate identity and use only payment methods you are authorized to use, not use another person’s identity.
- You agree to pay the listed price for goods and shipping (displayed prior to checkout for your review).
- You agree that we can collect payment at the time of purchase.
- You agree to our Refunds and Replacement policy https://plantlust.com/blog/refunds-and-replacements/
- You agree that plants are not eligible for returns per our Return Policy https://plantlust.com/blog/return-policy/
- We do our best to provide accurate information about the items you purchase, but you understand that plants perform differently in different settings, and you are responsible for assessing suitability for your use.
- Plant Lust relies on third parties to provide plant descriptions. Plant Lust is not responsible for the content of Seller descriptions.
- Plant Lust may link to external websites for additional information. We are not responsible for the content or risks associated with third-party websites. Plant Lust is under no responsibility to assist in resolving disputes between our users and the operators of third-party services.
For selling nurseries
- You must have the ability to offer timely delivery of the plants for sale in your catalog.
- You ensure the quality and correct identification of the plants you sell.
- You warrant that you have the right to sell the goods in your catalog, and your goods comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- You must be willing and able to communicate with Plant Lust via email, phone and through mail about your offerings and your shipments.
- You will keep us up to date with changes to the status of your business including change in ownership.
- You must promptly communicate changes in your ability to accept or fulfill orders.
- You may not use customer contact information to send unsolicited commercial messages or spam. We assure our users that their personal information will never be used for purposes other than the transactions they initiate on our website, so we must ask that you honor that commitment as well.
- You are responsible for reporting and paying any taxes associated with sales. We will issue tax forms where required by law.
- You are also bound by the terms described for listing contributors.
- If a Buyer raises a dispute regarding a purchase, Plant Lust may offer assistance in communicating with the customer and facilitating refunds via the original payment method to resolve the issue. You acknowledge that ultimate resolution is between you and the Buyer.
- Your supplier agreement includes your selected commission structure. Plant Lust will deduct this commission from your monthly payouts. Plant Lust may independently add a customer markup at its sole discretion. Plant Lust reserves the right to update commission structures with advance notice to you.
- Plant Lust will not refund any previous commissions charges upon termination of the Seller Agreement.
- Plant Lust may update these policies at any time. If we do, we will notify you with an update on our website and through the means of communication provided in your Supplier Agreement.
For listing contributors
- Our listing service includes your organization and contact details, plant names and information, and photographs you provide. You agree that we have permission to use your information in accordance with your specifications in your Contributor Agreement.
- You warrant that you are entirely responsible for all the content you send or direct us to use on your own website, and you have sufficient rights to grant this license, and for the consequences of sharing unauthorized content. Plant Lust does not claim ownership of your content.
- When you share content with us, you grant Plant Lust a license and right to distribute, syndicate, reproduce, modify, adapt, store, and publicly display your content.
- You agree that we may omit some listings that are not in accordance with our Service, for instance, gardening accessories or unidentified plants.
- You provide plant information and descriptions that are accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- You do not use language in your descriptions that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable.
- You may terminate your listings by providing at least 30 days advance notice in writing.
For photo contributors
- You warrant that you are entirely responsible for all the content you send or direct us to use on your own website, and you have sufficient rights to grant this license, and for the consequences of sharing unauthorized photographs. Plant Lust does not claim ownership of your photographs.
- When you share photographs with us, you grant Plant Lust a license and right to distribute, syndicate, reproduce, modify, adapt, store, publicly display your content.
- You provide plant identification that is accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- You may terminate your listings by providing at least 30 days advance notice in writing. Your photos will be removed from our website and from future communications. Your photos cannot be retroactively removed from emails or social media posts.